If you’re interested I’ve just updated my page of Barcodas barcodes as I’ve added a couple of new ones. I often wonder if it’s just me that is interested in barcode music. So I checked on twitter to see if this was in fact the case. Aside from my tweets about barcodes I can find almost nothing. Well, nothing at all actually.
I’ve been listening to a lot of Big Finish lately and, whilst for the most part it’s all very good I’ve realised that there’s always a chance of over indulging on such good listening. I think I may have come to that point recently.
So perhaps it’s time to take a bit of a break from their excellent work. Even possibly for just a week to clear my auditory palette as it were!
So Big Finish have now said when they’re going to publish this. It’s just over two weeks away on the 14th of December. So that date is firmly in my diary now! I’m hoping that it’s going to be as good as I’d like it to be. The BBC audiobook was very good indeed, in a somewhat unexpected way, so I hope Big Finish can do even better.
I noticed that they were playing at the O2 Shepherd’s bush next month and remembered that there was a lot of talk early this year about a new album. In fact, when I went to see them play last they even did a few tracks from the new album. So it got me to thinking about where that album had gone.
I hope it’ll still come out as I was really pleased to hear that they’d decided to go back to making studio albums again. So I hope it doesn’t just disappear.
I went to see the Selector last Friday at the Clapham Grand. It was an awesome gig. I was never a massive fan of their stuff although I liked the singles “On my radio”, and “3 minute here”, but it was great to hear them live. They had so much energy and enthusiasm and the crowd loved every minute of it.
I haven’t rushed out to buy their stuff or anything, but I’m glad I went to the gig and saw them. It was well worth it.
One of the things I’ve been making for the SoundLab Play Space is some stuff to connect conductive ink with a bunch of Ableton Live sets. These were my first prototype cards. They worked ok, but they need some tweaking. It helped me to understand how to adapt the code to start to get the effect I was after, but it wasn’t quite there as yet. The next iteration, the one I plan to use on the day, well, Wednesday, should be much better!