I’ve been playing around with my new littleBits MIDI bit. It’s pretty easy to get to grips with. It handles USB MIDI and 5 pin MIDI too, which is very handy. It all worked very well actually. I tested it out using Genome MIDI Sequencer on my iPad. No problems at all.
I got it to hopefully make my littleBits collection a bit more useful. I think that it will. The down side is that it appears that one of the oscillators in my kit appears to have stopped working. Which is disappointing. I doubt that there’s anyway to fix it sadly. I guess I’ll just have to get a new one.
I’ve been a big fan of NanoStudio since it first launched, but I’ve rarely finished anything that I’ve started with it. Today I’ve finished a piece that I began ages ago. It’s an old track that I’ve re-worked and I’m really pleased with it.
AudioShare is an awesome swiss army knife of mobile audio. I used it here to record the track in so I could then move it into …
Which made it sound even better, or at least that’s what I think. The final track will be up on SoundCloud later.
So this is the second year I’ve been at the Liberty Festival with SoundLab. This year was a bit damp and wet, but fun nevertheless. We still had a lot of people come along and play and enjoy themselves, so it was a good day all in all. I’m glad that I was able to be a part of it.
Even though it was wet we had a steady stream of people wanting to try out new ways to make music, and experiment.
I’ve been a fan of this music app for years now, and I found this photo that I’d taken of it running on three different devices simultaneously. I still use it a lot for making tracks on my iPhone, so I must get back to using it on Windows Mobile soon. It’ll be interesting to see how different it is or isn’t.